Sunday, March 23, 2008

Have It Your Way...



We went to Burger King two days a go and I observed an interesting economic phenomenon: the price is a little more expensive than what we would find in the states, but as our kids roam around the tables people give them free french fries. So we pretty much break even.

3 comments:

Margaret said...

Maybe if I get short I could try doing that when we go. Maybe they will give me food out of compassion. Or maybe just tell their children to stay away.

Tigger :D said...

I learned a great tip from a friend on drying clothes during nasty weather or winter time.

If you have a plug-in heater, set up a clothes rack over the heater (the heater goes underneath - in between the legs of the clothes rack). Hang up all your clothes on the rack, with the shortest things (socks & undies) directly over the heater so nothing is actually leaning into the heater. Turn the heater on medium heat, and then cover the clothes rack with a large blanket or sheet.

Within about 2 hours, your clothes are warm, dry, and smelling better than the city/dirt smell or soured smell (from not drying in time) which they would usually pick up on the balcony.

Becky said...

I'll have to try it, thanks!