Monday, November 30, 2009

People

Good pictures tell stories, but sometimes the story it tells depends on who is looking at it (I don't think we have to be postmodern to agree with that). I thought the conservatively dressed lady with her modernly dressed child made an interesting contrast. But a friend of mine looked at the picture and immediately saw the contrast between the conservative lady and the national flag in the background.
This man sat in a white plastic chair in a parking garage while he waited for his family to get out of the car. His serious eyes attracted me. When I asked if I could take his picture, he called is wife over to pose with him. The background behind his wife was very distracting, so I just took the picture of him, but I was impressed by how warm they were with each other.
Here's another contrast between the old covered lady and a member of the younger generation of conservative women walking behind her.
The men around me realized I was trying to take a picture of a watermelon in the air and loved it.
The young boy carries bags in a hotel that was built in the 1200's. His job requires long hours, but he always seemed to be similing.
I really can't say anything about this picture that the picture doesn't say for itself.
"What is your name?" "What-is-your-name, Me, Mehmet." A little surprised to see 5 Americans, the kids tried to practice very broken English while they welcomed us to their city.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love seeing all the pics. they tell such a story

Anonymous said...

especially liek the pic of the old man with his wife. these are national geo. quality in my opinion