Fast Forward. New cleaning lady.
"How do you think I can get this black stain off my shower (I'm thinking it's mildew, but not sure). I tried bleach, and it didn't do anything" "Tuz Ruhu will take if off." Shoulda guessed. Fifteen minutes later she also was very proud of the shiny shower corner. However, she explained that I shouldn't use it too often because the grout will erode and water will run under the tile. Don't worry, I'm not touching the stuff. She asks for some fruit juice for her throat, and I ask if this stuff is dangerous. "Yes, it's very dangerous. We fainted one time because we used it and didn't know there was bleach." "You did?" "Me and a friend. We were cleaning at a new construction site, and we didn't know they had used bleach, and we passed out. When the home owner came back she found us and took us the to the hospital. They cleaned out our stomachs, and the doctor said if the home owner hadn't brought us right away, we could have died. It's very dangerous, very acidic."
Thanks anyway. I think I'll stick with my toothbrush.
4 comments:
hydrochloric acid huh? Yep, that'll do it. I wonder how concentrated that stuff is.....
I used to use that stuff before I had kids. Now I just don't care about my grout anymore. :) But it works, by golly!
You all need the Wikipeeps over there..."Concentrated hydrochloric acid (fuming hydrochloric acid) forms acidic mists. Both the mist and the solution have a corrosive effect on human tissue, with the potential to damage respiratory organs, eyes, skin, and intestines. Upon mixing hydrochloric acid with common oxidizing chemicals, such as sodium hypochlorite (bleach, NaClO) or potassium permanganate (KMnO4), the toxic gas chlorine is produced.
Personal protective equipment such as rubber or PVC gloves, protective eye goggles, and chemical-resistant clothing and shoes are used to minimize risks when handling hydrochloric acid."
Next time if someone suggests a glowing orange goop imported from Chernobyl,think twice.
Ha ha Dad, not chernobyl. Any corner bakkal :) But don't worry, we're sticking to vinegar from now on.
Post a Comment