She wanted a "Pink Princess Birthday," so I borrowed a wonder mold and doll topper. She was so excited about this cake, she almost didn't let me put in the fridge so that the icing wouldn't sag too much.
We invited a bunch of friends to share the cake for a very casual party. The party kind of morphed throughout the day. At first it seemed we would have the from-out-of-town friends for dinner, and then everyone for dessert. So I planned a easy American-friendly BBQ chicken dinner. But then it ended up that everyone showed up for dinner, so we said "Welcome! This is American food [BBQ] American-style [buffet], Enjoy!" It all went! Usually local do not like the sweet-and-salty dishes (like BBQ) that we eat, so I was relieved when they seemed to enjoy it. Plus the pot of local-style chicken stew thrown together when I realized my plans weren't matching reality :)
No comments:
Post a Comment