
This picture is taken from an old settlement on top of a hill where people lived in caves until the late 90's. There are several old buildings, one of which is a very old church. I increased the contrast in this picture considerably to bring out the detail. The city at the bottom is the "modern" city.

Here I'm playing with abstract art. This is an old wall. Clearly it is in disrepair, but probably has lasted longer than most any wall built today. I decreased the color to heighten the black/white contrast.

Here is a very old grave yard. What I love about historical sites in this country is that you can go right up to them. But there are some restrictions. The sign to the right reads, "having a picnic in this place is forbidden." The sun was very high in the sky, so it wasn't ideal for taking pictures. But I increased the dark shadows to give it more depth.

Another picture similar to the first one. I like the stick and rope because they frame the picture and draw the eye up and down, but I think the subject lacks clarity. You can see some previously inhabited caves in the lower right.
No comments:
Post a Comment