Saturday, November 07, 2009

HDR pictures




These pictures are processed with a program designed to bring out the details in the darker part of the picture. I am thinking about buying the program. As you can see there is a watermark on the pictures because I've only downloaded the trial version. What do you think? Do you prefer the original in the previous post or the HDR version?

2 comments:

RGK said...

I generally like them much better (though I only have low res of originals). My taste is to tend to lean towards more vibrancy even to a touch of the surreal. (Such as "glowing" grass behind Matthew not matching ominous sky, or slightly luminescent gravel in Fork pic). Aura behing Matthew and noise??? on Annas face are picky points, if I had to be so. But I in fact like it and now need to buy it. (Thanks Mike) Makes an impressive difference in the sky although I suppose restraint would be needed lest the effect become mundane. I assume you processed these with only one exposure, yes? Cool stuff in HDR gallery on their site. Do you have Photoshop or Elements? It's worth buying if not.

Unknown said...

No, I don't have photoshop or Elements. I'm not sure my computer is fast enough to run them. I downloaded a free program, and it works okay. Making an HDR picture from one exposure is only possible if you shoot in RAW (I think). Thanks for the feedback.