Thursday, October 08, 2009

The Hair Cut

I've often thought about cutting Anna's hair. She is blessed with the cutest head of curls that brings her tons of compliments. It also brings tons of suffering when it's time to wash or comb. Really, I've gotten good at being gentle, but she still has to sit there and let me do it. So I would have cut it, except I was afraid of messing it up, of sacrificing those sweet baby curls. Gradually the time between combings and washings lengthened as we both dreaded the process. Finally I did it. I had been working at her conditioner-soaked hair with my fingers for fifteen minutes while she cried and to no apparent improvement when I decided it was time. It was uncharacteristically impulsive of me, but I gathered it into a pony tail and cut off the bottom three inches. I think she was relieved! I was glad the curls are still there:




.