Sunday, August 23, 2009

Incarnation


Did you exist before you were in Mommy's tummy? No, you didn't. But Jesus existed before He was in Mary's tummy, because He lived with God forever. And one day, God told Jesus that it was time for Him to go down the world and be born. So He said, "ok" And He went, and He was inside Mary's tummy, and He grew up, and He was born..."


So this is how the story of Jesus's life and starts out if your Dad went to seminary.

I had all sorts of good intentions about blogging about the ladies' meeting that was at my house, new recipes I'm learning, and impressions from our vacation...but tomorrow we're getting up at 4am to drive 15 hours west to "family camp." (Best as I can tell, it's not unlike a week-long retreat for all ages held at a camp ground.) Since it's after 9pm and I still need to clean out the fridge and finish packing up, I'm leaving you with just this little snippet of tonight's Bible time.

No comments: