Linguistically we are all progressing. Anna's words have doubled (the latest, chair, hair, head, hat, car, come) and I think I even caught a two-word phrase the other day. Matthew is stringing together sententences that are making more and more sense. He got ahold of the word "cute" the other day, and was declaring everything he liked to be "ute." He also can say a handful of words in his second language already! Our teacher told me she noticed Mike is speaking more "smoothly" now, to which I responded thats because he is doing so much listening...where Mike goes, the MP3 player goes. And I am finally learning how to use infinitives (I'm planning to go... I asked her to stop, etc). I love learning language, although it makes my brain hurt.
The other day my language tutor took the kids and I for a field trip to have lunch at her home and then walk the "river path" together. Here is Matthew and his "big sister" Turkay, and Anna trying to see if Mommy will let her fall in the water. I'm loading some more shots from the day onto Flickr, check out the slideshow on the left or click on the link.
2 comments:
The kids look bigger with every picture! My favorite thing about this post was this sentence: "Anna had her first pony tail." Adorable! (I loved the pigtails in a previous post, by the way.) Also, I've been wondering something... are the children having language lessons? If not, what means are you using for their language acquisition (which was exciting to read about in this post)?
-Jamie
Hey Jamie,
Right now Matthew and Anna are learning their second language the same way they are learning their first--trial and error and the adults around them. And they're learning at the same time as their first :) Of course, their interactions with me are in English, but we watch movies together, hang out outside, visit people, have a tutor in our home, and have a helped come all day on Wednesday (which is really awesome learning/practice time for me!).
Post a Comment